Background and Contact Information
Personal vs. Non-Personal Information
Some of the information we collect includes personal information, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address and/or telephone number that may identify you as an individual (“Personal Information”). If you or an Organization (as defined below) to which you or your minor child belongs creates an account on one of our Websites, the Personal Information we collect may relate to minor children. By providing the Organization or us with such child’s Personal Information, you represent that you are such minor child’s parent, guardian or otherwise have the authority to share this Personal Information with the Organization and us and further consent to the Organization directly sharing such information with us. We may also collect other types of Non-Personal information, which do not identify you as an individual when not associated with any other personal information, such as demographic/lifestyle information, personal interests and product/buying preferences and which we may associate with your Personal Information.
Our Websites are “general audience” websites and not directed toward children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 without express parental consent; however, if your child is registered with an Organization, such Organization may provide such information to us. BY PROVIDING SUCH INFORMATION TO AN ORGANIZATION YOU EXPRESSLY CONSENT TO THE ORGANIZATION PROVIDING SUCH INFORMATION TO US. If you are a parent or guardian and think we have unauthorized information about your child who is under the age of 13, please let us know by contacting us firstname.lastname@example.org.
By registering or creating an account with us or submitting personal data through our Service, you expressly consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data in accordance with this Policy. We will process your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. When you register with us, you are required to consent to our Policy. This consent provides us with a legal basis under applicable law to process your personal data. You maintain the right to withdraw such consent at any time.
Information You Provide Us
For an individual user, the minimum amount of information we collect is your name, email address, contact information, and a password. If you register as an administrator, we also collect country location, time zone, sport type, and you may provide us with contact information about the members of your organization. This information about your organization will be associated with your information.
Beyond the minimum information required to use the Service, we store data that you provide us for the Service. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Your contact information (e.g., phone number, physical address, etc.)
- Sports specific information
- Schedule information
- Location information
- Device and software information (e.g., the type of mobile device and associated hardware and software information, the browser used to access our Website, etc.)
Information we collect via Information Technologies includes, without limitation, internet protocol address(es), operating system(s) and browser specifics of your device, device characteristics, geographic (geo-location) information, user ID(s), clickstream data, and specifics regarding your interactions with (i.e., the path you take through) our Websites and our Internet Marketing Channels. Automated Information may also include your mobile device information (e.g., device model, operating system version, device date and time, unique device identifiers, mobile network information); how you use our Websites (including mobile applications) and Internet Marketing Channels. We may use Automated Information to associate you with any interaction you have with our Websites, including interaction across multiple computers, and mobile devices. While this information does not generally identify or relate to you as an individual, we may associate these types of information with you as an individual. In addition, other third parties with whom we may share such information might seek to associate these types of information with you as an individual, and we cannot guarantee they would not succeed in re-identifying or associating non-personal information with particular individuals; as such we cannot be responsible for such third party use of this information.
Information Collected from Third Parties
Based upon your interactions with our Websites and elsewhere on the internet and your (and your device’s) interaction with our Internet Marketing Channels, we may personalize your experience via our Websites and via our Internet Marketing Channels. However, you have choices relating to how your device interacts with our Websites and our Internet Marketing Channels. You may choose to access our Websites and our Internet Marketing Channels without accepting certain Information Technologies on your device(s), and you may opt-out or modify certain elements that are tailored specifically to you and served to you based upon your browsing history. If you choose to restrict Information Technologies, you may access our Websites and Internet Marketing Channels, but you will NOT be able to take full advantage of certain features. You may also manage third party tracking by turning off cookies and changing your browser settings. Learn more at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Social Media Access
From time to time we may participate in interest-based advertising (IBA), also known as Online Behavioral Advertising. We may use third-party advertising companies and networks to display ads tailored to your individual interests based on how you browse and shop online when you visit our Websites, Internet Marketing Channels and across other sites to serve you AYS advertisements across the Internet and through other channels. Some of these networks may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) or participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (“DAA“) Self-Regulatory Program. To learn more about your choices relating to members of the NAI visit their website at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/#completed. To learn more about your choices relating to networks that participate in the DAA Program, please visit http://www.aboutads.info. Please note, even if you choose to restrict, opt-out or modify your preferences, you may still see or receive AYS advertisements on our Websites, on our Internet Marketing Channels and on other sites, but such advertisements will not be based upon your browsing history.
In addition, the browser on your device may offer you preferences regarding a website’s collection of your information or your online activities over time and/or across different websites or online services. At this time, our Websites do not respond to these preferences, and our Websites may continue to collect information in the manner described in this Policy. However, you have the option to opt out of certain interest-based advertising. To learn more about interest-based advertising or to opt-out of this type of advertising by participating members, visit the Network Advertising Initiative website and the Digital Advertising Alliance website. Options you select are browser and device-specific.
Mobile Device and Application Preferences
Text Messages. If you have opted-in to receive text messages from us, we may send text messages to the number provided that corresponds to your device. To opt out of mobile messaging reply “stop” to text messages received from such member. This will opt you out of all text message campaigns from that user only.
Push Notifications. You may at any time opt out from further push notifications by adjusting the permissions in your mobile device.
Geo-Location. You may at any time opt out from allowing us to access specific location data (latitude and longitude) of your device by adjusting the permissions in your mobile device you use to access our Websites and those of our third party partners: i.e. your mobile browser and any mobile applications we provide.
In-App Notifications. All application users receive in-app notifications or “local notifications” generated by a device trigger. To halt those notifications, you may discontinue use of the application, or uninstall the application from your mobile device.
Updates and Uninstall AYS’ Mobile Application. Notification and automatic installation of application updates can be controlled through the preferences of the mobile device application “store” specific to your mobile device. You can stop all further collection of information by an AYS mobile application by uninstalling the AYS mobile application. You may use the standard uninstall process available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network. Note: If you uninstall the mobile application from your device, the AYS unique identifier associated with your device will continue to be stored. If you re-install the application on the same device, AYS will be able to re-associate this identifier to your previous transactions and activities.
Third Party Links
Our Websites and our Internet Marketing Channels may link to other sites that we do not control. In addition, you may have visited our Website through a link or a banner advertisement on another site. In such cases, the site you linked from may collect information from people who click on the banner or link. These other sites are governed by their own privacy policies. Be sure to review these privacy policies when visiting such sites to see how they collect and use this information. We are not responsible for the content of privacy practices of such third parties’ sites.
How We Use Your Information
We do not sell, rent or trade your Personal Information to unaffiliated third parties without your prior consent, although we do share information in some circumstances as described below under “How We Share Your Information.” We use your information in ways consistent with this Policy and in the following ways:
- Communicating with you regarding requests for information about the Services.
- Registering and servicing your account(s).
- Providing customer service.
- Conducting research and analysis.
- Helping us to improve and customize our Service, Websites and Internet Marketing Channels.
- To advertise our products and services to you and those of our partners that we think may be of interest to you.
- Protecting the security and integrity of Websites, Internet Marketing Channels and overall business practices.
- Enabling Organizations, account holders, and others to utilize the features and functionality and Services of our Websites, including facilitating communications among Organization participants, members and others.
- As may otherwise be disclosed at the time of collection.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information (including Personal Information) in ways consistent with this Policy and in the following ways:
- As we deem necessary in the event (or partial event) of a corporate sale (asset or stock), merger, reorganization, change in corporate control, acquisition, insolvency, bankruptcy or similar event.
- To comply with applicable law or reasonable request based upon governmental regulation, court order, subpoena or similar related action.
- As we deem necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of AYS, our customers, our employees or others, to prevent harm or loss, or in connection with an investigation or suspected or actual unlawful activity.
- With the applicable Organization(s) on whose behalf the Website was established, and otherwise in connection with other features and functionality of such Websites. Such Organizations at their discretion may share your information with other participants, users and public viewers of the Websites. We suggest you review the privacy policies of such Organizations before deciding to share information relating to any such Organization.
- As may otherwise be disclosed at the time of collection.
Data Security and Retention
We use a variety of security measures to help protect your Personal Information with us. Our Websites utilize encryption technology to protect your Personal Information that we transport across the internet. Your personal online and mobile account(s) with us are password protected with restricted online access. Additionally, we use a variety of security measures to help protect your Personal Information that we maintain at our facilities or in our electronic databases. While no company can guarantee your information (including your Personal Information) will not be accessible by unauthorized individuals, we use technical controls in an attempt to mitigate such risks We retain information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. In addition, we may retain your information from closed accounts to comply with the law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our Terms of Service and take other actions permitted by law. If you have any questions or concerns about data security or retention, please email us at email@example.com.
How to Update Your Information
For certain types of information, we offer you several ways to access or update such information:
- By logging into your account on one or more of our Websites. After securely entering your account, you can update your information and communication preferences by entering or revising the information as reflected therein. Note, some fields (such as password) are Website specific and if you have more than one account with us or registered on more than one Website, you will need to update each account.
- You can Contact Customer Service to request updates to your account by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Through an Organization that uses our Websites. You can contact the Organization for options regarding the manner in which information is updated, edited displayed, or removed.
- We may refuse requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical efforts, risk the privacy of others or are impractical.
- After closing your account(s), or updating or revising any information within your account(s) or any Information Technologies associated with your device(s), we may not delete residual copies from our servers and may not remove information from our back-up system(s).
- Closing an account will not affect information we obtain via Information Technologies.
- Closing your account may not remove your information that the Organization and its affiliates, or other third parties, add about you to the applicable Websites (such as participant, eligibility, roster, scheduling, performance or scoring information).
Notice to California Residents – Your California Privacy Rights
A California resident who has provided personal data to a business with whom he/she has established a business relationship for personal, family, or household purposes (a “California Customer”) may request information about whether the business has disclosed your information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. In general, if the business has made such a disclosure of personal data, upon receipt of a request by a California Customer, the business is required to provide a list of all third parties to whom personal data was disclosed in the preceding calendar year, as well as a list of the categories of personal data that were disclosed. California Customers may request further information about our compliance with this law by emailing us at email@example.com. Please note that we are required to respond to one request per California Customer each year and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through this email address.
The Organization using the Service may use the Service to collect Personally Identifiable Information (PII) or other sensitive information related to your involvement, or potential involvement, with the Organization. As per the Data Security and Retention information provided above, no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure. If you are uncomfortable providing sensitive information to the Organization using this Service, you should not do so, and instead contact the Organization regarding an alternate method of providing the information they need. If you have questions regarding how the Organization uses, processes, or discloses the information they capture about you using the Service, you should contact them directly.
Other than the sensitive information discussed in the above paragraph, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive information (e.g., government identifiers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, biometrics or genetic characteristics or trade union membership) on or through the Service or otherwise to us.